Well, I managed my last-minute merge request for Summer of Code 2010, and with that done it is time for my last GSoC 2010 blog post!
I am really glad I did this. It’s taught me a lot about myself (having never done a project in this fashion before) and I’m happy with how it turned out. GSoC was a nice change of pace and I hope to keep this up for a while!
(Hamster still says I’m a slacker. I need to convince it otherwise)
Continue reading “Harvest + GSoC week 12”
The past week, unfortunately, hasn’t been very productive for me. Still, I have a few things to show!
I did a bunch of cleanup (again) and I toyed with animations for a while. There is now an animation (and a loading indicator) when new results are retrieved for the filters. One philosophy I have found myself following is that this UI that never, ever blocks on a task. So, no matter what is happening, you should always be able to click the same buttons you could before.
Continue reading “Harvest + GSoC week 9!”
(On a related note, I’ve been very excited about Blender lately).
I keep babbling about how ugly I think Appearance Preferences is, so I played with GIMP just now and made a couple of mockups.
I’m hoping to stay grounded in reality here.
First: the problem!
Continue reading “The borders: Cut them all down!! (Mockup)”
The last two weeks of my Harvest project have gone really well. It isn’t flashy and exciting and earth-shattering (yet), but I’m happy with it.
First of all, my branch now has Packages and Opportunities filters. I implemented a bunch of each, and they are resolved in order. First Harvest runs the package filters, then it filters the opportunities that belong to those packages, then it hides packages that have no visible opportunities after all that filtering.
Continue reading “Harvest GSoC project: week 5!”