Well, I never thought I would be doing a post like this. Then again, I never thought I would be bothering with a web log to begin with. (Come to think of it; why the heck am I?). Oh well, here goes!Continue reading “OMG stickers!”
A recent security analysis by Microsoft’s Jeffrey Jones shows that Ubuntu 6.06, in its first year, solved 92.6% of known security issues, leaving 7.4% unresolved.
The same analysis compares this to Windows Vista, showing that 45.5% of its known security issues have been left unresolved after one year, with only 54.5% patched thus far. This closely resembles the pattern from Windows XP, which resolved 54.6% of known security issues in its first year.Continue reading “Ubuntu Linux 6.06, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, fixed most security flaws in first year: Microsoft”